Author:Lucien Marcus Underwood
|←Author Index: Un||Lucien Marcus Underwood
|American botanist and mycologist.|
- 1879: The geological formations crossed by the Syracuse and Chenango Valley Railroad, Ph. D. thesis for Syracuse University.
- 1881: "Onoclea sensibilis L. var. obtusilobata," Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 8 : 101-102.
- 1881: Our native ferns and how to study them; with synoptical descriptions of the North American species.
- 1884: Descriptive catalogue of North American Hepaticae, north of Mexico.
- 1886: List of the described species of fresh water Crustacea from America, north of Mexico.
- 1893: The Myriapoda of North America.
- 1888: Our native ferns and their allies: with synoptical descriptions of the American Pteridophyta north of Mexico (1st ed.).
- 1891: The ancestry and descendants of Jonathan Pollard (1759-1821) with records of allied families.
- 1898: "American Ferns I. The ternate species of Botrychium." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 25 : 521–541.
- 1899: "American Ferns II. The genus Phanerophlebia." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 26 : 205–216, pl. 359, 360.
- 1899: Moulds, mildews, and mushrooms; a guide to the systematic study of the Fungi and Mycetozoa and their literature.
- 1900: Our native ferns and their allies, with synoptical descriptions of the American Pteridophyta north of Mexico, (6th ed.).
- 1902: "American Ferns III. Our genera of Aspidieae." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 29 : 121–136.
- 1902: "American Ferns IV. The genus Gymnogramme of the Synopsis Filicum." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 29 :
- 1902: "American Ferns V. A review of the genus Danaea." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 29 : 669–679.
- 1903: "An Index to the described Species of Botrychium" in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 30 : 43.
- 1903: The genus Riella. (coauthor: Marshall Avery Howe)
- 1906: "American Ferns VI. Species added to the flora of the United States from 1900 to 1905." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 33 : 189–205.
- 1906: "American Ferns VII. The American species of Stenochlaena & The status of Poecilopteris crenata Presl." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 33 : 591–605.
- 1907: The progress of our knowledge of the flora of North America, reprinted from Popular Science Monthly, Vol. 70, with additional paragraphs included.
- 1913: The Underwood families of America.
- 1913: Text for the Pteridophyta section of An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British Possessions by Nathaniel Lord Britton & Addison Brown.
For a more extensive list containing 212 publications by the author, see "The published work of Lucien Marcus Underwood" (also listed below).
- “Underwood, Lucien Marcus,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1900.
- "Prof. Underwood Commits Suicide," The New York Times. Nov. 17, 1907, pp. 1-2.
- "Report of the death of Lucien M. Underwood," Danbury Evening News, Danbury, Conn, Nov, 18, 1907.
- "A biographical sketch of Lucien Marcus Underwood," by Carlton Clarence Curtis, Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 35 : 1-12. (1908)
- "Lucien Marcus Underwood: a memorial tribute", by Marshall Avery Howe, Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 35 : 13-16. (1908)
- "The published work of Lucien Marcus Underwood", by John Hendley Barnhart, Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 35 : 17-38. (1908)
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.