Author:Philip Henry Gosse
|←Author Index: Go||Philip Henry Gosse
|Edmund GosseEnglish naturalist and popularizer of natural science; father of|
- Natural History: Mammals (1848)
- Natural History: Birds (1849)
- Natural History: Reptiles (1850)
- Natural History: Fishes (1851)
- Natural History: Mollusca (1854)
- Evenings at the Microscope (1860)
- The Romance of Natural History (1861)
Works about Gosse
- “Gosse, Philip Henry,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- “Gosse, Philip Henry” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Gosse, Philip Henry,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Gosse, Philip Henry,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|