Author:Samuel Pasfield Oliver
(Redirected from Author:S. P. Oliver)
|←Author Index: Ol||Samuel Pasfield Oliver
F.S.A., F.R.G.S; Captain in the Royal Artillery.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "S. P. O."
- Pendennis and St. Mawes: An Historical Sketch of Two Cornish Castles (1875) 
- Off duty. Rambles of a gunner. Through Nicaragua, January to June, 1867 (1879) 
- On and off duty, leaves from an officer's note-book (1881) 
- The True Story of the French Dispute in Madagascar (1885) 
- The Voyage of François Leguat of Bresse, to Rodriguez, Mauritius, Java, and the Cape of Good Hope. (1891) v.1 v.2
- Madagascar; or, Robert Drury's journal during fifteen years' captivity on that island. (1890) 
- The Memoirs and Travels of Mauritius Augustus, Count de Benyowsky (1898) 
- Hastie, James
- Lacroix, Alphonse François
- Le Brun, John
- Leguat, François
- Lyall, Robert
- MacGregor, Charles Metcalfe
- Magellan, Jean Hyacinthe de
- Mullens, Joseph
- Nicholson, William (1753-1815)
- Dillon, Peter (DNB01)
Works about Oliver
- Death: Samuel Pasfield Oliver in The Times
- “Oliver, Samuel Pasfield,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|