Author:William Gifford Palgrave
|←Author Index: Pa||William Gifford Palgrave
|British diplomat and Arabic scholar.|
- Four Lectures on the Massacres of the Christians in Syria, 1861
- Narrative of a Year's Journey through Central and Eastern Arabia, 1865
- Report on the Anatolian Provinces of Trebizond, Sivas, Kastemouni, and Part of Angora, 1868
- Hermann Agha: an eastern narrative, 1872
- Essays on Eastern Questions, 1872
- Dutch Guiana, 1876
- Dutch Guinea (1875)
- published chapters 1 to 2, “Dutch Guiana - Part I” in Littell's Living Age, 128 (1649).
- published chapter 3, “Dutch Guiana - Part II” in Littell's Living Age, 128 (1657).
- published chapters 3 to 4, “Dutch Guiana - Part III” in Littell's Living Age, 128 (1658).
- published chapters 5 to 6, “Dutch Guiana - Part IV” in Littell's Living Age, 129 (1666).
- Ulysses: or Scenes and Studies in many Lands, 1887
- A Vision of Life: Semblance and Reality, 1891
Works about Palgrave
- “Palgrave, William Gifford,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.