Author:William Stanley Jevons
|←Author Index: Je||William Stanley Jevons
Logician and economist. Professor of Logic, Political Economy, and Mental and Moral Philosophy at Owen's College, Manchester
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. S. J."
- “Boole, George” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “De Morgan, Augustus” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- “Evolution and the Doctrine of Design,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 5, May 1874
- “Experimental Legislation,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 16, April 1880
Works about Jevons
- “Jevons, William Stanley” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Sketch of Professor Jevons,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 11, October 1877
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|