Executive Order 11110
By virtue of the authority vested in me by section 301 of title 3 of the United States Code, it is ordered as follows:
- Executive Order No. 10289 of September 19, 1951, as amended, is hereby further amended —
- (a) By adding at the end of paragraph 1 thereof the following subparagraph (j):
|``(j)||The authority vested in the President by paragraph (b) of section 43 of the Act of May 12, 1933, as amended (31 U.S.C. 821 (b)), to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury not then held for redemption of any outstanding silver certificates, to prescribe the denominations of such silver certificates, and to coin standard silver dollars and subsidiary silver currency for their redemption,´´ and|
- (b) By revoking subparagraphs (b) and (c) of paragraph 2 thereof.
- The amendment made by this Order shall not affect any act done, or any right accruing or accrued or any suit or proceeding had or commenced in any civil or criminal cause prior to the date of this Order but all such liabilities shall continue and may be enforced as if said amendments had not been made.
John F. Kennedy
The White House,
June 4, 1963.
- Executive Order 10289, September 17, 1951
- See Related
- Executive Order 10583, December 18, 1954;
- Executive Order 10882, July 18, 1960;
- Executive Order 11825, December 31, 1974;
- Executive Order 12608, September 9, 1987
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).|