Executive Order 11494
Executive Order 11494 of November 13, 1969
Establishing the Presidential Citizens Medal
By virtue of the authority vested in me as President of the United States, it is ordered as follows:
Section 1. Medal Established.
- The Presidential Citizens Medal (hereinafter referred to as the Medal), together with accompanying ribbons and appurtenances, is hereby established for the purpose of recognizing citizens of the United States of America who have performed exemplary deeds of service for their country or their fellow citizens.
Sec. 2. Award of the Medal.
- (a) The Medal may be bestowed by the President upon any citizen of the United States at the sole discretion of the President.
- (b) The announcement of the granting of the Medal and the presentation ceremonies may take place at any time during the year.
- (c) Subject to the provisions of this order, the Medal may be conferred posthumously.
Sec. 3. Design of the Medal.
- The Army Institute of Heraldry shall prepare for the approval of the President a design of the Medal, citation, and ribbon.
Sec. 4. Prior Orders.
- The establishment of the Medal shall not operate to terminate any other medal and this order shall not be deemed to supersede the whole or any part of any other Executive order.
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).|