Executive Order 11884
|←Executive Order 11883||Executive Order 11884
Prescribing the Official Coat of Arms, Seal, and Flag of the Vice President of the United States
|Executive Order 11885→|
|Revokes: Executive Order 10016, November 10, 1948|
By virtue of the authority vested in me as President of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:
Section 1. The Coat of Arms of the Vice President of the United States shall be of the following design:
- SHIELD: Paleways of thirteen pieces argent and gules, a chief azure; upon the breast of an American eagle displayed holding in his dexter talon an olive branch proper and in his sinister a bundle of thirteen arrows gray, and in his beak a gray scroll inscribed “E PLURIBUS UNUM” sable.
- CREST: Behind and above the eagle a radiating glory or, on which appears on arc of thirteen cloud puffs gray, and a constellation of thirteen mullets gray.
Sec. 2. The Seal of the Vice President of the United States shall consist of the Coat of Arms encircled by the words “Vice President of the United States”.
Sec. 3. The Color and Flag of the Vice President of the United States shall consist of a white rectangular background of sizes and proportions to conform to military custom, on which shall appear the Coat of Arms of the Vice President in proper colors within four blue stars. The proportions of the element of the Coat of Arms shall be in direct relation to the hoist, and the fly shall vary according to the customs of the military services.
Sec. 4. The Coat of Arms, Seal, and Color and Flag shall be as described herein and as set forth in the illustrations and specifications attached hereto and made a part of this Order. These designs shall be used to represent the Vice President of the United States exclusively.
Sec. 5. This Order shall become effective immediately. Executive Order No. 10016 of November 10, 1948, is hereby revoked.
The White House
- October 7, 1975.
- Flag base—white.
- Stars, large—dark blue; stars, small—silver gray.
- Chief—dark blue.
- Stripes—white and red.
- Wings, body, upper legs—shades of brown.
- Head, neck, tail—white, detailed silver gray.
- Beak, feet, lower legs—yellow.
- Talons—dark gray, white highlights.
- Arrows—silver gray.
- Olive branch:
- Leaves—shades of green; stem—brown.
- Clouds—silver gray.
- Scroll—silver gray.
- All dimensions are exclusive of heading and hems.
- Device to appear on both sides of flag but will appear reversed on reverse side of flag, except that the motto shall read from left to right on both sides.
|RELATIVE PROPORTIONS OF DESIGN TO HOIST OF FLAG|
|DIMENSIONS OF DESIGN||A (HOIST)||B||C||D||E||F||G (DIA)||H|
- The provisions of Executive Order 11884 of Oct. 7, 1975, appear at 40 FR 47469, 3 CFR, 1971-1975 Comp., p. 1034.
- Illustrations of the Vice Presidential seal and the Vice Presidential flag and its specifications, which were attached to and made a part of Executive Order 11884, are printed in 3 CFR, 1971-1975 Comp., p. 1035.
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).|