Executive Order 12122
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and statutes of the United States of America, including Section 107(b) of Title 3 of the United States Code, in order to provide limited employment authority for the Office of Administration, it is hereby ordered that Section 4 of Executive Order No. 12028 of December 12, 1977, is amended to read as follows:
- ‘‘Sec. 4. (a) Subject to such direction or approval as the President may provide or require, the Director shall organize the Office of Administration, contract for supplies and services, and do all other things that the President, as head of the Office of Administration, might do.
- ‘‘(b) The Director is designated to perform the functions of the President under Section 107(b) of Title 3 of the United States Code.
- ‘‘(c) The Director may appoint and fix the pay of employees pursuant to the provisions of Section 107(b)(1)(A) of Title 3 of the United States Code without regard to any other provision of law regulating the employment or compensation of persons in the Government service. Under that section the Director may also fix the pay of an employee serving in a competitive position or in the career service in order to avoid the pay limitation imposed by Section 114 of Title 3 of the United States Code. The provisions of other laws regulating the employment or compensation of persons in the Government service shall continue to apply to such employee.
- ‘‘(d) The Director shall not be accountable for the program and management responsibilities of units within the Executive Office of the President; the head of each unit shall remain responsible for those functions.’’.
The White House,
- February 26, 1979.
- Executive Order 12028, December 12, 1977.
- See Related
- Executive Order 12112, January 2, 1979.
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).|