Executive Order 13138
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended (5 U.S.C. App.), it is hereby ordered as follows:
Each advisory committee listed below is continued until September 30, 2001.
- Committee for the Preservation of the White House; Executive Order 11145, as amended (Department of the Interior).
- Federal Advisory Council on Occupational Safety and Health; Executive Order 12196, as amended (Department of Labor).
- National Partnership Council; Executive Order 12871, as amended (Office of Personnel Management).
- President's Advisory Commission on Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans; Executive Order 12900 (Department of Education).
- President's Board of Advisors on Historically Black Colleges and Universities; Executive Order 12876 (Department of Education).
- President's Board of Advisors on Tribal Colleges and Universities; Executive Order 13021, as amended (Department of Education).
- President's Commission on White House Fellowships; Executive Order 11183, as amended (Office of Personnel Management).
- President's Committee of Advisors on Science and Technology; Executive Order 12882 (Office of Science and Technology Policy).
- President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities; Executive Order 12367, as amended (National Endowment for the Arts).
- President's Committee on the International Labor Organization; Executive Order 12216, as amended (Department of Labor).
- President's Committee on the National Medal of Science; Executive Order 11287, as amended (National Science Foundation).
- President's Committee on Mental Retardation, Executive Order 12994 (Department of Health and Human Services).
- President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports; Executive Order 12345, as amended (Department of Health and Human Services).
- President's National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee, Executive Order 12382, as amended (Department of Defense).
- Trade and Environment Policy Advisory Committee; Executive Order 12905 (Office of the United States Trade Representative).
- President's Export Council; Executive Order 12131, as amended (Department of Commerce).
Notwithstanding the provisions of any other Executive order, the functions of the President under the Federal Advisory Committee Act that are applicable to the committees listed in section 1 of this order, except that of reporting annually to the Congress, shall be performed by the head of the department or agency designated after each committee, in accordance with the guidelines and procedures established by the Administrator of General Services.
The following Executive orders, or sections thereof, which established committees that have terminated and whose work is completed, are revoked:
- Executive Order 13017, as amended by Executive Orders 13040 and 13056, establishing the Advisory Commission on Consumer Protection and Quality in the Health Care Industry;
- Executive Order 13038, establishing the Advisory Committee on Public Interest Obligation of Digital Television Broadcasters, as amended by section 5 of Executive Order 13062, and Executive Orders 13065, 13081, and 13102;
- Section 5 and that part of section 6(f) of Executive Order 13010, as amended by section 3 of Executive Order 13025, Executive Order 13041, sections 1, 2, and that part of section 3 of Executive Order 13064, and Executive Order 13077, establishing the Advisory Committee to the President's Commission on Critical Infrastructure Protection;
- Executive Order 13037, as amended by Executive Orders 13066 and 13108, establishing the Commission to Study Capital Budgeting;
- Executive Order 13050, establishing the President's Advisory Board on Race;
- Executive Order 12852, as amended by Executive Orders 12855, 12965, 12980, 13053, and 13114, establishing the President's Council on Sustainable Development; and
- Executive Order 12961, as amended by Executive Order 13034, establishing the Presidential Advisory Committee on Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses.
Sections 1 through 4 of Executive Order 13062 are superseded.
Executive Order 12131, as amended, is further amended by adding in section 1-102(a) a new paragraph as follows:
- ``(9) Department of Energy.´´
Executive Order 13115 is amended by adding the Department of the Treasury and the Office of National Drug Control Policy to the Interagency Task Force on the Roles and Mission of the United States Coast Guard, so that the list in section 1(b) of that order shall read as follows:
- ``(1) Department of State;
- ``(2) Department of the Treasury;
- ``(3) Department of Defense;
- ``(4) Department of Justice;
- ``(5) Department of Commerce;
- ``(6) Department of Labor;
- ``(7) Department of Transportation;
- ``(8) Environmental Protection Agency;
- ``(9) Office of Management and Budget;
- ``(10) National Security Council;
- ``(11) Office of National Drug Control Policy;
- ``(12) Council on Environmental Quality;
- ``(13) Office of Cabinet Affairs;
- ``(14) National Economic Council;
- ``(15) Domestic Policy Council; and
- ``(16) United States Coast Guard.´´
Executive Order 12367, as amended, is further amended as follows:
- in section 1, the text "the director of the International Communication Agency," is deleted;
- in section 2, delete the first sentence and insert in lieu thereof "The Committee shall advise, provide recommendations to, and assist the President, the National Endowment of the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the Institute of Museum and Library Services on matters relating to the arts and the humanities. The Committee shall initiate and assist in the development of (i) ways to promote public understanding and appreciation of the arts and the humanities; (ii) ways to promote private sector support for the arts and humanities; (iii) ways to evaluate the effectiveness of Federal support for the arts and humanities and their relationship with the private sector; (iv) the planning and coordination of appropriate participation (including productions and projects) in major national cultural events, including the Millennium; (v) activities that incorporate the arts and the humanities in government objectives; and (vi) ways to promote the recognition of excellence in the fields of the arts and the humanities."; and
- in section 3(b), add the following sentence after the first sentence: "Private funds accepted under the National Endowment for the Arts' or the National Endowment for the Humanities' gift authority may also be used to pay expenses of the Committee."
Executive Order 12345, as amended, is further amended by deleting the first sentence of section 2(b) and inserting in lieu thereof the following three sentences. "The council shall be composed of twenty members appointed by the President. Each member shall serve a term of 2 years and may continue to serve after the expiration of their term until a successor is appointed. A member appointed to fill an unexpired term will be appointed for the remainder of such term."
This order shall be effective September 30, 1999.
September 30, 1999.
- Executive Order 11145, March 7, 1964;
- Executive Order 11183, October 3, 1964;
- Executive Order 11287, June 28, 1966;
- Executive Order 12196, February 26, 1980;
- Executive Order 12216, June 18, 1980;
- Executive Order 12382, September 13, 1982;
- Executive Order 12871, October 1, 1993;
- Executive Order 12876, November 1, 1993;
- Executive Order 12882, November 23, 1993;
- Executive Order 12900, February 22, 1994;
- Executive Order 12905, March 25, 1994;
- Executive Order 12994, March 21, 1996;
- Executive Order 13021, October 19, 1996;
- Executive Order 12131, May 4, 1979;
- Executive Order 12345, February 2, 1982;
- Executive Order 12367, June 15, 1982;
- Executive Order 13115, March 25, 1999
- Supersedes (in part)
- Executive Order 13062, September 29, 1997
- Executive Order 12852, June 29, 1993;
- Executive Order 12961, May 26, 1995;
- Executive Order 13010, July 15, 1996, (in part);
- Executive Order 13017, September 5, 1996;
- Executive Order 13037, March 3, 1997;
- Executive Order 13038, March 11, 1997;
- Executive Order 13050, June 13, 1997
- Superseded (in part) by
- Executive Order 13225, September 28, 2001
- Revoked (in part) by
- Executive Order 13226, September 30, 2001
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).|