Executive Order 9050
|←Executive Order 9049||Executive Order 9050
Authorizing and Directing the Secretary of the Navy to Issue Citations in the Name of The President to Naval and Marine Corps Units for Outstanding Performance in Action
|Executive Order 9051→|
|See the Notes section for a list of Executive Orders affected by or related to the issuance of this Executive Order.|
By virtue of the authority vested in me as President of the United States and as Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, it is ordered as follows:
- The Secretary of the Navy is hereby authorized and directed to issue a citation in the name of the President of the United States, as public evidence of deserved honor and distinction, to any ship, aircraft, or other Naval Unit and to any Marine Corps aircraft, detachment, or higher unit, for outstanding performance in action on or after October 16, 1941.
- Appropriate insignia of such form and design as may be determined by the Secretary of the Navy may be displayed by any ship, aircraft, naval unit, or any Marine Corps aircraft, detachment, or higher unit, to which such citation is issued.
- After any Naval or Marine Corps unit is so cited on two or more separate occasions for outstanding performance in action occurring on or after October 16, 1941, such insignia shall become part of the uniform of such unit, and shall be issued to officers and men who may thereafter become members of such unit; and such insignia may be worn at all times by individuals who were attached to the unit so cited on one of the two or more occasions in connection with which the citation was issued, whether they thereafter serve with such unit or with a different unit.
- Superseded by:
- Executive Order 10694, January 10, 1957
- See Related:
- Executive Order 9396, November 22, 1943
- General Order No. 187, February 3, 1943
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).|