Executive Order 9706
Executive Order 9706 of March 15, 1946
Amending Executive Order No. 9265 of November 6, 1942, Establishing the American, European-African-Middle Eastern and Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medals
By virtue of the authority vested in me as President of the United States and as Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:
- The European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal shall not be awarded for any service rendered subsequent to November 8, 1945.
- The American Campaign Medal and the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal shall not be awarded for any service rendered subsequent to March 2, 1946.
- Effective October 12, 1945, members and former members of the land and naval forces of the United States, including the Women's Reserve of the United States Naval Reserve, and former members of the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps, who served in the continental United States for an aggregate period of one year between December 7, 1941, and March 2, 1946, inclusive, may be awarded the American Campaign Medal under such regulations as the Secretary of War and Secretary of the Navy may severally prescribe.
- Executive Order No. 9265 of November 6, 1942, establishing the American, European-African-Middle Eastern and Asiatic-Pacific campaign medals, is amended accordingly.
- Executive Order 9265, November 6, 1942;
- See Related:
- Transfer Order 30 of the Secretary of Defense dated December 10, 1948 (13 FR 8163)
- Transfer Order 40 of the Secretary of Defense dated July 22, 1949 (14 FR 4908)
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).|