First Higher Education Extension Act of 2007
To temporarily extend the programs under the Higher Education Act of 1965, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as the ``First Higher Education Extension Act of 2007”.
SEC. 2. EXTENSION OF PROGRAMS.
- Section 2(a) of the Higher Education Extension Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-81; 20 U.S.C. 1001 note) is amended by striking ``June 30, 2007” and inserting ``July 31, 2007”.
SEC. 3. RULE OF CONSTRUCTION.
- Nothing in this Act, or in the Higher Education Extension Act of 2005 as amended by this Act, shall be construed to limit or otherwise alter the authorizations of appropriations for, or the durations of, programs contained in the amendments made by the Higher Education Reconciliation Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-171) to the provisions of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and the Taxpayer-Teacher Protection Act of 2004.
Approved July 3, 2007.
- S. 1704
- CONGRESSIONAL RECORD, Vol. 153 (2007):
- June 27, considered and passed Senate.
- June 28, considered and passed House.