In the Garden
- I come to the garden alone,
- While the dew is still on the roses;
- And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
- The Son of God discloses.
- And he walks with me, and he talks with me,
- And he tells me I am his own,
- And the joy we share as we tarry there,
- None other has ever known.
- He speaks, and the sound of his voice
- Is so sweet the birds hush their singing;
- And the melody that he gave to me
- Within my heart is ringing.
- I'd stay in the garden with him
- Tho the night around me be falling;
- But he bids me go; thro' the voice of woe,
- His voice to me is calling.
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1946, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.