|Not Yet (1918)
|Song from the musical Oh, Lady! Lady!.|
- I cannot see
- What there can be,
- For any other people in the world but you and me.
- Yes, go where we may,
- They get in our way;
- I wish we could contrive it
- Now and then to get a word in private!
- Oh dear! won't it just be splendid
- In the time that's coming soon,
- When, this weary waiting ended
- We start our honeymoon
- None near us to see or hear us
- The whole wide world we will forget
- Oh, what joy to stay in your arms all day
- But not yet umm
- Not yet.
- Each time I start
- To pour out my heart,
- Some tactless person comes along and we are driven apart.
- Life might be, my pet,
- A lovely duet;
- But all these folks who bore us
- Seem to think that we require a chorus.
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1975, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 30 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.