Portal:Acts of Parliament of Canada
1867 & 1868 (31 Victoria)
|Year||Monarch||Reign||Chapter||Short Title||Full Title|
An Act respecting the Statutes of Canada
An Act relating to the Indemnity to Members and the Salaries of the Speakers, of both Houses of Parliament
An Act for the regulation of the Postal Service
An Act to amend the Act of Incorporation of the Commercial Bank of Canada, to authorize its amalgamation with any other Bank or Banks, or for its winding up
An Act to amend "The Grand Trunk Arrangements Act, 1862," and for other purposes
An Act to incorporate the St. Lawrence and Ottawa Railway Company
|1868||Victoria||31||34||Canada Civil Service Act, 1868||
An Act respecting the Civil Service of Canada
|1868||Victoria||31||50||Inland Revenue Act, 1868||
An Act to increas the Excise Duty on Spirits, to impose an Exise Duty on Refined Petroleum, and to provide for the inspection therof
|1868||Victoria||31||51||Act respecting Raw Tobbacco||
An Act for better securing the payment of the duty imposed on Tobacco manufactured in Canada
|1868||Victoria||31||54||Copyright Act of 1868||
An Act respecting Copyrights
|1868||Victoria||31||55||Trade Mark and Design Act of 1868||
An Act respecting Trade Marks and Industrial Designs
An Act for the regulation of Fishing and protection of Fisheries
|1868||Victoria||31||63||Quarantine and Health Act of 1868||
An Act relating to Quarantine and Public Health
|1868||Victoria||31||68||Railway Act, 1868||
An Act respecting Railways
|1868||Victoria||31||75||Penitentury Act of 1868||
An Act respecting Penitenturies, and the Directors thereof, and for other purposes
|1868||Victoria||31||84||Merchant's Bank Act, 1868||
An Act to confirm the amalgamation of the commercial Bank of Canada and the Merchants' Bank, and to amend and consolidate the Acts of Incorporation of the said Banks
|1868||Victoria||31||86||Northern Railway Act of 1868||
An Act respecting the Northern Railway of Canada
1869 (32&33 Victoria)
- c. 1. An Act for granting to Her Majesty certain sums of money required to defray certain expenses of the public service for the financial years ending respectively the 30th June, 1869, and the 30th June, 1870 , and for other purposes relating to the public service.
- c. 2. An Act respecting Nova Scotia.
- c. 3. An Act for the temporary Government of Rupert's Land and the North-Western Territory when united with Canada
- c. 4. An Act respecting the Department of Finance.
- c. 5 An Act respecting the Ocean Mail Service.
- c. 6. An Act for the gradual enfranchisement of Indians, the better management of Indian Affairs, and to extend the provisions of the Act 31st Victoria, Chapter 42.
- c. 7. An Act respecting the Office of Queen's Printer, and the Public Printing.
- c. 8. An Act to amend the Act thirty-first Victoria, chapter thirty-three, and to make further provision with respect to the salaries and travelling allowances of the Judges.
- c. 9. An Act respecting certain Fee Funds in the Provinces of Ontario.
- c. 10. An Act respecting Immigration and Immigrants.
- c. 11. An Act respecting Patents of Invention.
- c. 12. The Canada Joint Stock Companies Clauses Act.
- c. 13. An Act respecting Joint Stock Companies incorporated by Letters Patent.
- c. 14. An Act to amend chapter sixty-seven of the Consolidated Statutes of Canada, intituled : "An Act respecting Electric Telegraph Companies team.
- c. 15. An Act to avoid the necessity of having Documents engrossed on Parchment.
- c. 16. An Act respecting Insolvency.
- c. 17. An Act to remove the doubts as to Legislation in Canada regarding offences not wholly committed within its limits.
- c. 18. An Act respecting Offences relating to the Coin.
- c. 19. An Act respecting Forgery.
- c. 20. An Act respecting Offences against the Person.
- c. 21. An Act respecting Larceny and other similar Offences.
- c. 22. An Act respecting Malicious Injuries to Property.
- c. 23. An Act respecting Perjury.
- c. 24. An Act for the better preservation of the Peace in the vicinity of Public Works.
- c. 23. An Act respecting certain Offences relative to Her Majesty's Army and Navy.
- c. 26. An Act for the better protection of Her Majesty's Military and Naval Stores.
- c. 27. An Act respecting Cruelty to Animals.
- c. 28. An Act respecting Vagrants.
- c. 29. An Act respecting Procedure in Criminal Cases, anal other matters relating to Criminal Law.
- c. 30. An Act respecting the duties of Justices of the Peace, out of Sessions, in relation to persons charged with Indictable Offences.
- c. 31. An Act respecting the duties of Justices of the Peace, out of Sessions, in relation to Summary Convictions and Orders.
- c. 32. An Act respecting the prompt and summary administration of Criminal Justice in certain cases.
- c. 33. An Act respecting the trial and punishment of Juvenile Offenders.
- c. 34. An Act respecting Juvenile Offenders within the Province of Quebec.
- c. 35. An Act for the more speedy trial, in certain cases, of persons charged with felonies and misdemeanors, in the Provinces of Ontario and Quebec.
- c. 36. An Act respecting the Criminal Law, and to repeal certain enactments therein mentioned.
- c. 37. An Act respecting Contagious Diseases affecting Animals.
- c. 38. An Act respecting inquiries and investigations into Shipwrecks and other matters.
- c. 39. An Act to amend the Act respecting the inspection of Steamboats, and for the greater safety of passengers in them.
- c. 40. An Act to provide means for improving the Harbours and Channels at certain Ports in the Provinces of the Dominion.
- c. 41. An Act to place all Canadian vessels on an equal footing as regards Pilotage in the Port of Quebec, and for other purposes respecting Pilotage.
- c. 42. An Act to amend the Act of the late Province of Canada, twelfth Victoria, chapter one hundred and fourteen, to consolidate the laws relative to the powers and duties of the Trinity House of Quebec, and for other purposes.
- c. 43. An Act to amend the Act twenty-third Victoria, Chapter one hundred and twenty-three, being an Act incorporating the Corporation of Pilots for and below the harbour of Quebec.
- c. 44. An Act to amend the Act respecting the improvement and management of the Harbour of Quebec.
- c. 45. An Act to alter the limits of the Counties of Joliette and Berthier for pectoral purposes.
- c. 46. An Act to detach the Township of Doncaster from the County of Montcalm, and to attach it to the County of Terrebonne for Electoral purposes.
- c. 47. An Act to amend the Act of Incorporation of the Board of Trade of the City of Toronto.
- c. 48. An Act to incorporate the St. Thomas (Ont.) Board of Trade.
- c. 49. An Act to continue for a limited time the Charters of certain Banks
- c. 50. An Act to amend the Charter of the Quebec Bank.
- c. 51. An Act to amend the Charter of the City Bank.
- c. 52. An Act to amend the Charter of the Bank of Toronto.
- c. 53. An Act to amend the Charter of the Ontario Bank.
- c. 54. An Act to further amend the Charter of the Gore Bank.
- c. 55. An Act to amend the Act to incorporate the Union Bank of Lower Lower Canada.
- c. 56. An Act to authorize an addition to the Capital Stock of the Canadian Bank of Commerce, and for other purposes relating to the said Bank.
- c. 57. An Act to authorize an addition to the Capital Stock of the Bank of New Brunswick, and for other purposes connected with the said Bank.
- c. 58. An Act to amend the Act incorporating the Royal Canadian Bank, by extending, if necessary, the time for resumption of specie payment, and also to authorize if necessary the amalgamation of the said Bank with any other Bank or Banks, and for other purposes.
- c. 59. An Act to incorporate the Merchants' Bank of Halifax.
- c. 60. An Act to incorporate the Dominion Bank.
- c. 61. An Act to confirm and give effect to a certain agreement between the Government of Canada and the Great Western Railway Company.
- c. 62. An Act to enable the holders of preference shares in the Great Western Railway Company to convert them into ordinary shares option.
- c. 63. An Act to incorporate the Canadian and European Telegraph Company.
- c. 64. An Act to amend the Charter and increase the Capital Stock of the North Shore Transportation Company.
- c. 65. An Act respecting the International Bridge Company.
- c. 66. An Act to increase the Capital Stock of the Clifton Suspension Bridge Company.
- c. 67. An Act to amend the Act passed by the Legislature of the late Province of Upper Canada, intituled : "An Act to incorporate a Company under the style and title of the British American Fire and Life Assurance Company."
- c. 68. An Act to incorporate the Dominion Mutual Life Guarantee Assurance Company.
- c. 69. An Act to incorporate the Canada Marine Insurance Company.
- c. 70. An Act to unite the Beaver and the Toronto Mutual Fire Insurance Companies.
- c. 71. An Act to amend and consolidate the Acts respecting the St. Lawrence Tow Boat Company.
- c. 72. An Act to enable James Blanchfield Smith to obtain an extension of the Patent of a certain Invention.
- c. 73. An Act to naturalize Eli Clinton Clark.
1870 – 1899
- c. 3 Manitoba Act, 1870
- Dominion Lands Act 1872
- Indian Act 1876
- Canada Temperance Act 1878
- c. 1 An Act respecting the Canadian Pacific Railway (1881)
- c. 71 Chinese Immigration Act, 1885
- Criminal Code of Canada 1892
- c. 3 Quebec Boundary Extension Act, 1898
- c. 6 Yukon Territory Act (1898)
1900 – 1949
- c. 3 Alberta Act (1905)
- c. 42 The Saskatchewan Act (1905)
- Juvenile Delinquents Act 1908
- c. 45 Québec Boundaries Extension Act, 1912
- Finance Act 1914
- War Measures Act, 1914
- Statistics Act 1918
- Civil Service Act 1918
- Food and Drugs Act 1920
- c. 38 Chinese Immigration Act, 1923
- Natural Resources Transfer Acts
- Accurate News and Information Act, 1937 Government of Alberta
- National Housing Act 1938
- National Resources Mobilization Act, 1940
- Treachery Act 1940
- Canadian Citizenship Act 1946
1950 – 1979
- Canadian Bill of Rights
- Divorce Act 1968 - replaced by Divorce Act, 1985
- Anti-Inflation Act 1975
- Canadian Human Rights Act 1977
- Canadian Football Act 1974
- Miscellaneous Statute Law Revision Act, 1977
1980 – 1989
- Tax Court of Canada Act 1980
- Privacy Act 1982
- Access to Information Act 1983
- Tax Court of Canada Act 1983
- Young Offenders Act 1984
- Copyright Act 1985
- Divorce Act (R.S., 1985, c. 3 (2nd Supp.))
- Aeronautics Act R.S. 1985
- Canada Business Corporations Act 1985
- Emergencies Act 1988
- Official Multiculturalism Act 1988
- Official Languages Act 1988
1990 – 1999
- Canadian Space Agency Act 1990
- Integrated Circuit Topography Act 1990
- Broadcasting Act 1991
- Bank Act 1991
- Telecommunications Act 1993
- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act 1996
- Nuclear Safety and Control Act S.C. 1997
- Clarity Act 1999
- c. 16 National Sports of Canada Act (1994)
2000 – present
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act 2000
- Canadian Anti-Terrorism Act 2002
- Youth Criminal Justice Act 2002
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2002
- Civil Marriage Act, 2005 (c. 33)
- An Act to amend the Judges Act and certain other Acts in relation to courts, 2006 (c. 11)
- Federal Accountability Act, 2006