The Great Salvation
|The Great Salvation by
- 1. It does make a difference what we believe
- 2. There is only one Gospel that will save
- 3. We must believe in the true God
- 4. God is not a Trinity of persons, but One God
- 5. Jesus Christ – Son of God by begettal, Son of man by birth
- 6. The Holy Spirit not a person, but the effluence proceeding from God.
- 7. The nature of man – mortal, a creature of the dust.
- 8. Man dies, and is dead after he has died
- 9. In death man is unconscious
- 10. Resurrection the means of future life for the dead
- 11. Immortality the gift of God to the righteous only
- 12. Life as now possessed is not eternal, but a vapor that soon passeth away
- 13. Everlasting life not a present possession, but a matter of hope
- 14. The wicked and depraved who are not amenable die and remain dead
- 15. The wicked who are responsible of the dead and living will be destroyed after judgment
- 16. The soul not immortal, but is the mortal, bodily being called man
- 17. Many learned men deny the immortality of the soul
- 18. The spirit of man not an immortal entity, but the word is used for life, mind and disposition
- 19. Immortality is God’s holy nature; the word “immortal” is never applied to man in his present state
- 20. Eternal life is not a present actual possession, but is promised to the righteous only
- 21. The wicked will not be preserved alive in torture, but will be destroyed
- 22. Hell as employed in the Bible does not mean a place of eternal torture, but the grave and Gehenna
- 23. The devil is not a personal monster dwelling in “hell” and yet everywhere present tempting all men, but is sin in the flesh
- 24. God has promised to bless and fill the earth with His glory
- 25. The earth is to be the everlasting inheritance of the righteous not heaven
- 26. The Gospel as embraced in the promises to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is that the righteous through Christ shall inherit the earth for ever
- 27. The promises to Abraham have never been fulfilled
- 28. The seed in whom the Abrahamic promises are to be fulfilled is Christ
- 29. God covenanted with David to establish a universal, glorious and everlasting kingdom on earth
- 30. The covenant with David will be fulfilled in Christ’s possession of David’s restored throne
- 31. The fulfillment of the covenants with Abraham and David involves the restoration of the twelve tribes under Christ.
- 32. There will be a personal and literal return of Christ to the earth
Part Three: What must I do to be saved?
- 33. In Christ only can we obtain redemption
- 34. Baptism is one of the conditions of salvation
- 35. It is our duty after baptism to obey the commandments of Christ
This work published before January 1, 1923 is in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago.