United Nations Security Council Resolution 113
Adopted unanimously by the Security Council at its 722nd meeting, on 4 April 1956
The Security Council,
Recalling that in each of these resolutions the Chief of Staff of the United Nations Truce Supervision Organization in Palestine and the parties to the General Armistice Agreements concerned were requested by the Council to undertake certain specific steps for the purpose of ensuring that the tensions along the armistice demarcation lines should be reduced.
Noting with grave concern that despite the efforts of the Chief of Staff the proposed steps have not been carried out.
1. Considers that the situation now prevailing between the parties concerning the enforcement of the Armistice Agreements and the compliance given to the above-mentioned resolutions of the Council is such that its continuance is likely to endanger the maintenance of international peace and security;
2. Requests the Secretary-General to undertake, as a matter of urgent concern, a survey of the various aspects of enforcement of compliance with the four General Armistice Agreements and the Council's resolutions under reference;
3. Requests the Secretary-General to arrange with the parties for the adoption of any measures which, after discussion with the parties and with the Chief of Staff, he considers would reduce existing tensions along the armistice demarcation lines, including the following points:
- (a) Withdrawal of their forces from the armistice demarcation lines;
- (b) Full freedom of movement for United Nations observers along the armistice demarcation lines, in the demilitarized zones and in the defensive areas;
- (c) Establishment of the local arrangements for the prevention of incidents and the prompt detection of any violations of the Armistice Agreements;
4. Calls upon the parties to the General Armistice Agreements to co-operate with the Secretary-General in the implementation of this resolution;
5. Requests the Secretary-General to report to the Council in his discretion but not later than one month from this date on the implementation given to this resolution in order to assist the Council in considering what further action may be required.
 See Official Records of the Security Council, Fourth Year, Special Supplements Nos. 1, 2, 3 and 4.