Author:Alan Summerly Cole
(Redirected from Author:Alan S. Cole)
|←Author Index: Co||Alan Summerly Cole
Art historian and expert in textiles.|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. S. C."
- Ancient Needlepoint and Pillow Lace (1875)
- A Descriptive Catalogue of the Collection of Lace in the South Kensington Museum (1881)
- A Descriptive Catalogue of the Collection of Tapestry and Embroidery in the South Kensington Museum (1888)
- A Renascence of the Irish Art of Lace-Making (1888)
- Hand-Made Laces from the South Kensington Museum (1890)
- "Of Lace" and "Stitches and Mechanism" in Arts and Crafts Essays (1893)
- Ornament in European Silks (1899)
- "Aspects of Ancient and Modern Embroidery" (1905)
- Preface to Seven Centuries of Lace by Maria Margaret Pollen (1908)
- “Brocade” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Gold and Silver Thread” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Lace” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- "COLE, Alan S.". Who's Who, 59: p. 359. 1907.
- Alan Summerly Cole, 1846–1934, James McNeill Whistler Project, U. of Glasgow