Author:Augustus de Morgan
(Redirected from Author:Augustus De Morgan)
|←Author Index: De||Augustus De Morgan
Formal Logic (1847) forms the basis of much later and current work in mathematical logic.
English mathematician and logician;Professor of Mathematics in University College, London. His work |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology. Articles written by this author are designated in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology by the initials "A.de M."
- The Differential and Integral Calculus
- (individual articles) Penny Cyclopedia
- Trigonometry and Double Algebra (1849)
- Budget of Paradoxes
- (letters to journal) Athenæum
- Formal Logic (1847)
- Articles signed as [A.de M.] in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology
- "On the Early History of Infinitesimals," in the Philosophical Magazine, November, 1852.
Works about de Morgan
- “De Morgan, Augustus,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “De Morgan, Augustus,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.