Author:D'Arcy Wentworth Thompson
|←Author Index: Th||Sir D'Arcy Wentworth Thompson
CB FRS FRSE, Scottish biologist, mathematician, and classical scholar
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "D. W. T.". Son of D'Arcy Wentworth Thompson, 1829-1902, Classicist.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited. by Hermann Müller, 1883 external scan
- A bibliography of Protozoa, sponges, Coelenterata, and worms, 1885 external scan
- A glossary of Greek birds, 1895 external scan
- Report by Professor D'Arcy Thompson on his mission to the Behring Sea in 1896, Published 1897 (short work) external scan
- The emblem of the crab in relation to the sign cancer, 1909 (short work) external scan
- The game of [polis], 1911 (short work) external scan
- On Aristotle as a biologist, 1913 (short work) external scan
- Also in: Herbert Spencer lectures. Decennial issue, 1905-1914, 1916 external scan
- On Growth and Form (1917) external scan
- “Ray, John,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
Works about Thompson
- “Thompson, D’Arcy Wentworth,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.