(Redirected from Author:Fulgence Marion)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Fl||Camille Flammarion
|French astronomer and author|
- La pluralité des mondes habités (The Plurality of Inhabited Worlds), 1862.
- Real and Imaginary Worlds, 1865.
- Lumen, 1867.
- Wonderful Balloon Ascents (under pseudonym "Fulgence Marion", 1870)
- Travels in the Air (1871) with James Glaisher, Wilfrid de Fonvielle, and Gaston Tissandier
- A History of Balloons and Balloon Voyages, (under pseudonym "Fulgence Marion", 1871)
- The Wonders of Optics, (under pseudonym "Fulgence Marion", 1871), translated by Charles W. Quin
- Récits de l'infini, 1872.
- The Atmosphere translated by James Glaisher (1874)
- The Wonders of Vegetation, (under pseudonym "Fulgence Marion", 1874)
- L'atmosphère: météorologie populaire, 1888.
- Astronomie populaire, 1880. His best-selling work, it was translated into English as Popular Astronomy in 1894.(external scan)
- Les Étoiles et les Curiosités du Ciel, 1882. A supplement of the L'Astronomie Populaire works. An observer's handbook of its day.
- Uranie, 1890.
- La planète Mars et ses conditions d'habitabilité, 1892.
- La Fin du Monde (The End of the World), 1893, is a science fiction novel about a comet colliding with the Earth, followed by several million years leading up to the gradual death of the planet. It has recently been brought back into print as Omega: The Last Days of the World. It was adapted into a film in 1931 by Abel Gance.
- L'inconnu et les problèmes psychiques (published in English as: L'inconnu: The Unknown), 1900, a collection of psychic experiences.
Articles in Popular Science Monthly