Author:Herbert Allen Giles
- Synoptical Studies in Chinese Character (1874)
- A Chinese Biographical Dictionary (1898)
- A History of Chinese Literature (1901)
- China and the Chinese (1902)
- Religions of Ancient China (1906)
- The Civilization of China (1911)
- China and the Manchus (1912)
- Confucianism and Its Rivals (1915)
- (Language, Literature and Religion)
- Record of the Buddhistic Kingdoms by Faxian (1877)
- Gems of Chinese Literature (1883; second edition: 1922)
- Chuang Tzŭ (1889)
- San Tzu Ching (1900)
- Strange stories from a Chinese studio by Pu Songling (1916)
- Chinese Fairy Tales (1920)
- Chinese Without a Teacher - being a collection of easy and useful sentences (1922)
Works about Giles
- A Great Sinologue in The Spirit of the Chinese People (1915) runs an overly critical assessment from Ku Hong-Ming, a Malay-Chinese author included in H. A. Giles' Biographical Dictionary; the two writers later formed a productive friendship.
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1928.
This author died in 1935, so works by this author are in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 87 years or less. These works may be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.
Public domainPublic domainfalse