Author:John Allen Giles
(Redirected from Author:J. A. Giles)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Gi||John Allen Giles
|British clergyman, translator and Head Master of the City of London School (1836-40); wrote on ecclesiastical, antiquarian and educational subjects|
- Life and Letters of Thomas à Becket (1845), in 2 vols.
- The History of Bampton (1847–8), in 2 vols.
- History of the Ancient Britons (1847), in 2 vols.
- Life and Times of Alfred the Great (1848)
- Six Old English Chronicles (1848)
- Hebrew Records on the age and authenticity of the books of the Old Testament (1850)
- The History of Witney and some neighbouring Parishes (1852)
- Christian Records on the Age, Authorship, and Authenticity of the Books of the New Testament (1854)
- First Lessons on Various Subjects
- Keys to the Classics
- Patres Ecclesiæ Anglicanæ, in thirty-four volumes.
- Anecdota Bædæ et aliorum
- Benedictus Abbas
- de Vita S. Thomæ
- Chronicon Angliae Petriburgense
- La révolte du Conte de Warwick
- Vitæ quorundam Anglo-Saxonum
- Scriptores rerum gestarum Willelmi Conquestoris
- Matthew Paris (1847)
- History of the Britons, attributed to Nennius
- History of the Kings of Britain (1842), by Geoffrey of Monmouth (1136)
- Lives of the holy abbots of Wearmouth and Jarrow by Bede (8th century)
- The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle (1914)
- Flowers of History by Roger of Wendover
Works about Giles
- "Giles, John Allen," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.