(Redirected from Author:John Douglas (lithotomist))Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:John Douglas.
|←Author Index: Do||John Douglas
|Scottish surgeon and lithotomist|
- A Syllabus of what is to be performed in a Course of Anatomy, Chirurgical Operations, and Bandages, 1719
- Lithotomia Douglassiana, or Account of a New Method of making the High Operation in order to extract the Stone out of the Bladder, invented and successfully performed by J. D., 1720
- An Account of Mortifications, and of the surprising Effects of the Bark in putting a Stop to their Progress, 1729
- Animadversions on a late Pompous Book intituled “Osteographia, or the Anatomy of the Bones,” by William Cheselden, Esq., 1735
- A short Account of the State of Midwifery in London, Westminster, 1736
- A Dissertation on the Venereal Disease, 1737, 1739
Works about Douglas
- "Douglas, John (d.1743)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.