Author:John Forster (1812-1876)
(Redirected from Author:John Forster (historian))
For authors with similar names, see Author:John Forster.
|←Author Index: Fo||John Forster
|English historian and biographer|
- The Statesmen of the Commonwealth of England (1836-1839)
- 1846 American edition in one volume (External scan)
- Historical and Biographical Essays (1858) (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- Arrest of the Five Members by Charles the First: A chapter of English history rewritten (1860) (External scan)
- The Debates on the Grand Remonstrance, November and December, 1641 (1860) (External scan)
- Walter Savage Landor, a biography (1869) (External scan)
- The Life of Charles Dickens (1872-1874) (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
Works about Forster
- “Forster, John (1812-1876),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Forster, John,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.