|←Author Index: Kn||John Knox
(c. 1510 – 1572)
|Scottish religious reformer who played the lead part in reforming the Church in Scotland in a Presbyterian manner|
- A Vindication of the Doctrine that the Sacrifice of the Mass is Idolatry (4 April 1550)
- Scots Confession (Knox served as superintendent of a committee)
Works about Knox
- “John Knox,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- “Knox, John,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Knox, John (1505-1572),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.