|←Author Index: Wa||Lew Wallace
Lawyer, governor, Union general in the American Civil War, American statesman and author, best remembered for his historical novel Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ.
- The Fair God; or, The Last of the 'Tzins: A Tale of the Conquest of Mexico (1873) 
- Commodus: An Historical Play (1876)
- Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ (1880) 
- The Boyhood of Christ (1888) 
- Life of Gen. Ben Harrison (1888)
- The Prince of India; or, Why Constantinople Fell (1893)
- The Wooing of Malkatoon and Commodus (1898)
- Lew Wallace: An Autobiography (1906)
Works about Wallace
- “Wallace, Lewis,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Wallace, Lewis,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Wallace, Lew” in The Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York, 1918.