Author:Melville Louis Kossuth Dewey
(Redirected from Author:Melvil Dewey)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: De||Melville Louis Kossuth Dewey
|American librarian and educator, inventor of the Dewey Decimal System of library classification.|
- 1876 Classification and subject index for cataloguing and arranging the books and pamphlets of a library. (Copy available at Gutenberg.org)
- 1885 Decimal classification and relative index for arranging, cataloguing, and indexing public and private libraries and for pamphlets, clippings, notes, scrap books, index rerums, etc. Boston, Library bureau.
- 1886 Librarianship as a profession for college-bred women. An address delivered before the Association of collegiate alumnæ, on March 13, 1886, by Melvil Dewey. Boston, Library bureau.
- 1887 Library notes: improved methods and labor-savers for librarians, readers and writers. Boston : Library bureau.
- 1895 Abridged decimal classification and relative index for libraries. Boston, Library bureau.
- 1898 Simplified library school rules. Boston, London [etc.] Library bureau.
- 1889 Libraries as related to the educational work of the state. Albany.
- 1890 Statistics of libraries in the state of New York numbering over 300 volumes. Albany
- 1894 Library school rules: 1. Card catalog rules; 2. Accession book rules; 3. Shelf list rules, by Melvil Dewey.
- 1904 A.L.A. catalog. Washington, Government Printing Office.
- "Libraries," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905) (with James Morton Paton, Charles Alexander Nelson, and James Hulme Canfield)
- "Library Administration," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
Works about Dewey