Author:Nathaniel Beverley Tucker (1784-1851)
|←Author Index: Tu||Nathaniel Beverley Tucker
An American author, Mississippi Territory circuit court judge, legal scholar, and political essayist.
- George Balcombe (1836).
- The Partisan Leader; A Tale of the Future, by [pen-name] Edward William Sydney (2 vols., New York, 1836; Washington, 1837).
- Gertrude; A Novel, serialized in The Southern Literary Messenger (1844-1845).
- Discourse on the Importance of the Study of Political Science as a Branch of Academic Education in the United States (Richmond, 1840)
- Discourse on the Dangers that threaten the Free Institutions of the United States (1841)
- Lectures intended to Prepare the Student for the Study of the Constitution of the United States (Philadelphia, 1845)
- Principles of Pleading (Boston, 1846).
Works about Tucker
- “Tucker, Nathaniel Beverly,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Tucker, Thomas Tudor,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1889)