Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Br||Robert Seymour Bridges
|English poet, and poet laureate from 1913 to 1930|
- The Growth of Love (1876;1889)
- Prometheus the Firegiver: A Mask in the Greek Manner (1884)
- Nero (1885)
- Eros and Psyche: A Narrative Poem in Twelve Measures (1885;1894). A story from the Latin of Apuleius.
- Return of Ulysses (1890)
- Shorter Poems, Books I - IV (1890)
- Shorter Poems, Books I - V (1894)
- Ibant Obscuri: An Experiment in the Classical Hexameter
- The Necessity of Poetry (1918)
- October and other poems, with occasional verses on the war (1920) (external scan)
- New Verse (1925)
- The Tapestry: Poems (1925)
- The Testament of Beauty (1929;1930)
- Come, O Creator Spirit, come (1899)
- "'Wake up, England' " and "Hymn in War Time" from Poems of the Great War (1914).
- From A Treasury of War Poetry, ... 1914-1919 (1917):
Criticism and essays
- Milton's Prosody, With a Chapter on Accentual Verse (1893).
- Keats (1895)
- The Spirit of Man (1916)
- Collected Essays, Papers, Etc. (1927-36)
Works about Bridges
- "Bridges, Robert Seymour," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Bridges, Robert (English poet)," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Bridges, Robert," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Bridges, Robert," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Bridges, Robert," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- "Bridges, Robert," in Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed., 1922)