Author:Thomas Erskine May
(Redirected from Author:T. Erskine May, 1st Baron Farnborough)
|←Author Index: Ma||Thomas Erskine May
1st Baron Farnborough; British constitutional theorist
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "T. E. M."
- A Practical Treatise on the Law, Privileges, Proceedings and Usage of Parliament (also know as Parliamentary Practice or simply Erskine May)
- The Constitutional History of England Since the Accession of George the Third 1760-1860
- Democracy in Europe, a History
- “Parliament,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (in part)
Works about May
- “May, Rt. Hon. Sir Thomas Erskine,” by Foster, J. in Men-at-the-Bar, London: Hazel, Watson and Viney, Limited (1885)
- “May, Thomas Erskine,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Farnborough, Thomas Erskine May, Baron,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911