Author:William Pitt (1708-1778)
(Redirected from Author:William Pitt, 1st Earl of Chatham)Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:William Pitt.
|←Author Index: Pi||William Pitt
|William Pitt the Younger, he was British Prime Minister from 1766 to 1768.Often known as William Pitt the Elder to distinguish him from his son|
- The marriage of the Prince of Wales (1736)
- The Standing Army (1738)
- Speech against the Stamp Act (1766)
- The case of John Wilkes (1770)
- The State of the Nation (1770)
- The Defence of Weaker States (1770)
Works about Pitt
- “Chatham, William Pitt, Earl of,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1900)
- “Pitt, William (1708-1778),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Chatham, William Pitt, 1st Earl of”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911)