Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition/Grünberg
GRUNBERG, or Grüneberg, a town of Prussian Silesia, chief town of a circle in the government district of Liegnitz, is beautifully situated on an affluent of the Oder, and on the railway from Breslau to Stettin by Kiistrin, 36 miles N.N.W. of Glogau. It has a real-school of the first order, a higher female school, and a trade school. The prosperity of the town depends chiefly on the vine culture in the neighbourhood, from which, besides the exportation of a large quantity of grapes, about 700,000 gallons of wine are manufactured annually. The wine is a kind of cham pagne, and is largely exported to Russia. There are also manufictures of machinery, cloth, preserved fruits, and lignite. The population of the town in 1875 was 12,200.