Evening Song (Cather)
- Dear love, what thing of all things that be
- Is ever worth one thought from you or me,
- Save only Love,
- Save only Love?
- The days so short, the nights so quick to flee,
- The world so wide, so deep and dark the sea,
- So dark the sea;
- So far the sun and every listless star,
- Beyond their light — Ah! dear, who knows how far,
- Who knows how far?
- One thing of all dim things I know is true,
- The heart within me knows, and tells it you,
- And tells it you.
- So blind is life, so lond at last is sleep,
- And none but Love to bid us laugh or weep,
- And none but Love,
- And none but Love.