Repeal and savings. 22. (1) The Employment of Children Act, 193826 of 1938. is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken or purported to have been done or taken · under the Act so repealed shall, in so far as it is not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Amendment of Act 11 of 1948. 23. In section 2 of the Minimum Wages Act, 1948,—
- (i) for clause (a), the following clauses shall be substituted, namely:—
- "(a) "adolescent" means a person who has completed his fourteenth year of age but has not completed his eighteenth year;
- (aa) "adult" means a person who has completed his eighteenth year of age;";
- (ii) after clause (b), the following clause shall be inserted, namely:—
- "(bb) "child" means a person who has not completed his fourteenth year of age;'.
Amendment of Act 69 of 1951. 24. In the Plantations Labour Act, 1951,—
- (a) in section 2, in clauses (a) and (c), for the word "fifteenth", the word "fourteenth" shall be substituted;
- (b) section 24 shall be omitted;
- (c) in section 26, in the opening portion, the words "who has completed his twelfth year" shall be omitted.
Amendment of Act 44 of 1958. 25. In the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958, in section 109, for the word "fifteen", the word "fourteen" shall be substituted.
Amendment of Act 27 of 1961. 26. In the Motor Transport Workers Act, 1961, in section 2, in clauses (a) and (c), for the word "fifteenth", the word "fourteenth" shall be substituted.
(See section 3)
Any occupation connected with—
(1) Transport of passengers, goods or mails by rallway;
(2) Cinder picking, clearing of an ash pit or building operation in the railway premises;(3) Work in a catering establishment at a railway station, involving the movement of a vendor or any other employee of the