Special Immigrant Nonminister Religious Worker Program Act
(Redirected from Public Law 110-391)Jump to navigation Jump to search
110TH UNITED STATES CONGRESS
To extend the special immigrant nonminister religious worker program and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as `Special Immigrant Nonminister Religious Worker Program Act'.
SEC. 2. SPECIAL IMMIGRANT NONMINISTER RELIGIOUS WORKER PROGRAM.
- (a) Extension—
- Subclause (II) and subclause (III) of section 101(a)(27)(C)(ii) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(27)(C)(ii)) are amended by striking `October 1, 2008,' both places such term appears and inserting `March 6, 2009,'.
- (b) Regulations—
- Not later than 30 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall--
- (1) issue final regulations to eliminate or reduce fraud related to the granting of special immigrant status for special immigrants described in subclause (II) or (III) of section 101(a)(27)(C)(ii) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(27)(C)(ii)); and
- (2) submit a certification to Congress and publish notice in the Federal Register that such regulations have been issued and are in effect.
- (c) Report—
- Not later than March 6, 2009, the Inspector General of the Department of Homeland Security shall submit to Congress a report on the effectiveness of the regulations required by subsection (b)(1).
- (d) Effective Date—
- The amendments made by subsection (a) shall take effect on the date that the Secretary of Homeland Security submits the certification described in subsection (b)(2) stating that the final regulations required by subsection (b)(1) have been issued and are in effect.