|←Author Index: Be||Bede
|Bede (or Saint Bede, or the Venerable Bede, or Beda) was a monk at the Northumbrian monastery of Saint Peter at Wearmouth and of its companion monastery, Saint Paul's, in modern Jarrow, Great Britain.|
- Historia Ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum
- Vita sanctorum abbatum monasterii in Wiremutha et Gyruum
- De locis sanctis
- Beati Felicis Confessori vita
- De temporibus (incl. the chronica minor)
- On the Times (incl. the Lesser Chronicle)
Works about Bede
- “Bede,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Bede or BÆDA,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Ven. Bede,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913.
- “Bede,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.