|←Author Index: Wi||Benjamin Williamson
Irish mathematician; Trinity College, Dublin. MA; Fellow of Trinity College, Dublin (1852); Professor of Natural Philosophy, Trinity College, Dublin (1854); Senior Fellow of Trinity (1897); Vice-Provost of Trinity.|
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "B. W."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "B. W."
- An elementary treatise on the differential calculus, containing the theory of plane curves (1880)
- An elementary treatise on the integral calculus (1880)
- An elementary treatise on dynamics, containing applications to thermodynamics, with numerous examples (1889)
- Introduction to the Mathematical Theory of the Stress and Strain of Elastic Solids multiple editions 8th ed. (1894)
- “Graves, Charles,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- “Maclaurin, Colin” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
Works about Williamson
- “Death: Benjamin Williamson” in The Times (1916)
- "Obituary: Benjamin Williamson" in Irish Independent (1916)
- "WILLIAMSON, Benjamin". Who's Who 57: p. 1742. 1905.
- Williamson, Benjamin (1827-1916) Mathematician 125641 at The National Archives
- Benjamin Williamson, Fellow at the Royal Society
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1916, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.