|←Author Index: Re||Charles Reade
|English dramatist and novelist|
- Foul Play with Dion Boucicault
- The Cloister and the Heath
- He would be a Gentleman
Works about Reade
- “Reade, Charles” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- "Charles Reade" in Cartoon portraits and biographical sketches of men of the day, by anonymous, illustrated by Frederick Waddy, London: Tinsley Brothers, 1873.
- “Reade, Charles,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
On his works
- “Put Yourself in His Place,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Put Yourself in His Place” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|