|←Author Index: We||Charles Welsh
|British author, bookseller, publisher, managing editor; reporter, The British Trade Journal (1868), managing editor for project at the publishing house of John D. Morris & Co. (Philadelphia). English professor at the University of Notre Dame. Died USA.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "C. W." for vol. 14, 25 and 40.
- A bookseller of the last century; being some account of the life of John Newbery and of the books he published with a notice of the later Newberys (1872) 
- Notes on the History of Children's Books
- Publishing a book
- A book of nursery rhymes : being Mother Goose's melodies arranged in the order of attractiveness and interest (1901)
- The right reading for children in the school, the home and the library (1903, [c1902]) 
- (ed.) Famous battles of the nineteenth century (1903) 
- Darnell, George
- Harris, John (1756-1846)
- Newbery, Francis
- Newbery, John
- Newbery, Ralph
- Newbery, Thomas
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1914, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 99 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.