|←Author Index: Tr||Coutts Trotter
Scottish author, wrote reviews for journals Athenæum (for nearly thirty years), the Academy, the Quarterly Review and Blackwood's Magazine.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "C. T."
- "Extracts from the Diary of Mr. James Strange H.E.I.C.S., Commanding an Expedition Sent by the East India Company to the North-West Coast of America in 1786; with a Vocabulary of the Language of Nutka Sound" in The Journal of the Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland, Vol. 30, (1900), pp. 50-62
- "On Some Physical Properties of Ice and on the Motion of Glaciers, with Special Reference to the Late Canon Moseley's Objections to Gravitation Theories" in Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, Vol. 38, (1884 - 1885), pp. 92-108
- "Notes on the Natives of the Polynesian Islands" in The Journal of the Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland, Vol. 17, (1888), pp. 74-78
- "Among the Fiji Islands" in Popular Science Monthly (1889), pp.644-652 scans
- "The Island of Niuafóu" in The Geographical Journal, Vol. 7, No. 2 (Feb., 1896), pp. 210-211
- "New Guinea: A Summary of Our Present Knowledge with Regard to the Island" in Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society and Monthly Record of Geography, New Monthly Series, Vol. 6, No. 4 (Apr., 1884), pp. 196-216
- "Some Notes on Recent Exploration in British New Guinea" in Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society and Monthly Record of Geography, New Monthly Series, Vol. 14, No. 11 (Nov., 1892), pp. 788-796
- "Review: The Historical Geography of the Holy Land Review" that reviewed The Historical Geography of the Holy Land, Especially in Relation to the History of Israel and of the Early Church by George Adam Smith in The Geographical Journal, Vol. 4, No. 5 (Nov., 1894), pp. 450-453