Author:Frederick York Powell
|←Author Index: Po||Frederick York Powell
British historian and scholar.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "F. Y. P."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "F. Y. P."
- “Iceland” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (History and Ancient Literature)
- “Vígfússon, Gúdbrandr” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Recent Research on Teutonic Mythology” in Volume 1, (1890), pp. 118–122.
- “Tradition and its Conditions” (Presidential Address) Folk-Lore, volume 15, (1904), pp. 12–23.
Works about Powell
- “Powell, Frederick York,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- Clodd, Edward, (1904), “In Memoriam: Frederic York Powell”, Folk-Lore, Volume 14, pp. 182–184.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.