Author:George Edward Cokayne
|←Author Index: Co||George Edward Cokayne
officer of arms at the College of Arms (incl. Lancaster Herald), ultimately Clarenceux King of Arms
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "G. E. C."
- The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom: Extant, Extinct, Or Dormant (1887-98) in 8 vols.; various editions
" The Complete Baronetage (1900–06) in 5 vols.
- Some Account of the Lord Mayors and Sheriffs of the City of London: During the First Quarter of the Seventeenth Century, 1601-1625 (1897)
- “Cokayne, Aston,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Cokayne, William,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works about Cokayne
- “Obituary: Mr. G. E. Cokayne” in The Times (1911)
- “Cokayne, George Edward,” in Foster, J. Men-at-the-Bar, London: Hazel, Watson and Viney, Limited (1885)
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|