Author:Herbert Allen Giles
|←Author Index: Gi||Herbert Allen Giles
British diplomat and sinologist. Father of |
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "H. A. Gi"
- Gems of Chinese Literature (1883; second edition: 1922)
- A Chinese Biographical Dictionary (1898) (transcription project)
- A History of Chinese Literature (1901)
- China and the Chinese (1902)
- Religions of Ancient China (1906)
- The Civilization of China (1911)
- China and the Manchus (1912)
- Confucianism and Its Rivals, 1915 (External scan)
- San Tzu Ching (1900)
- Index:Chinese without a teacher - being a collection of easy and useful sentences.djvu
- Index:Synoptical studies in the Chinese character (1874).djvu
- Index:Zhuang Zi - translation Giles 1889.djvu
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1935, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 75 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.