Author:Herbert Edward Ryle
|←Author Index: Ry||Sir Herbert Edward Ryle
w:Royal Victorian Order; Bishops of Exeter and Winchester; Dean of Westminster and biblical scholar.
Knight Commander of |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "H. E. R."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "H. E. R.*"
- The early narratives of Genesis; a brief introduction to the study of Genesis I-XI (1892) (External scan)
- Psalms of the Pharisees, commonly called the Psalms of Solomon (1891) (External scan)
- The canon of the Old Testament; an essay on the gradual growth and formation of the Hebrew canon of Scripture (1892) (External scan)
- The Cambridge companion to the Bible (1893) (External scan)
- Philo and Holy Scripture : or, The quotations of Philo from the Books of the Old Testament (1895) (External scan)
- The books of Ezra and Nehemiah (1897) (External scan)
- "Remember the days of old." Sermon preached in Westminster Abbey before the members of the International historical congress ([1913?]) (External scan)