Author:Herbert Hall Turner
|←Author Index: Tu||Herbert Hall Turner
English astronomer and seismologist. Savilian Profesor of Astronomy and Director of the Observatory at Oxford University.
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "H. H. T."
- Modern Astronomy (1901)
- Astronomical Discovery (1904)
- The Great Star Map (1912)
- “Eclipse” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911. (in part)
- “Photography, Celestial” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Photometry: Celestial” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- J. L. E. Dreyer and H. H. Turner (eds.), History of the Royal Astronomical Society 1820–1920 (1923, reprinted 1987)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1930, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.