|←Author Index: Br||James Britten
English botanist; acting Keeper of the Department of Botany at the Natural History Museum; editor of Journal of Botany (for 45 years).
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. B."
This author wrote articles for the 1913 Catholic Encyclopedia, and the list on this page is complete.
- "Irish Folk-tales" pp. 52-5; 184-7; 316-24 in The Folk-Lore Journal, 1 (1883).
- Old Country and Farming Words: Gleaned from Agricultural Books (1880)
- A Biographical Index of British and Irish Botanists (1893)
- Protestant Fiction (1896) (External scan)
- Through the Heart of Patagonia (1902) (contributed) (External scan)
- The Names of Herbes, A.D. 1548. Edited, with an introd., an index of English names, and an indentification of the plants enumerated by Turner (1881) (External scan)
- Remaines of Gentilisme and Judaisme, 1686-87 (1881) (External scan)
- Journal of Botany
- Abbot, Charles (d.1817)
- Aiton, William (1731-1793)
- Aiton, William Townsend (1766-1849)
- Alston, Charles
- Anderson, Alexander (d.1811)
- Anderson, Thomas (1832-1870)
- Anderson, William (1766-1846)
- Andrews, Henry C.
- Andrews, William (1802-1880)
- Arnott, George Arnott Walker
- Banister, John (d.1692?)
- Baxter, William (d.1871)
- Bowie, James
- Brown, John Wright
- Buddle, Adam
Contributions to the Catholic Encyclopedia
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1924, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.