Author:James Sutherland Cotton
|←Author Index: Co||James Sutherland Cotton
|Editor of the Academy; writer and compiler of books and publications of Indian life and history.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. S. C."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. S. Co."
- India (nd)
- Mountstuart Elphinstone (1892)
- Colonies and dependencies; Pt. 1. - India; Pt. 2. - The colonies (1883)  (first part)
- Decenniel Report On The Moral And Material Progress Of India (1885)
- Quinquennial Report On Education In India (nd)
- Articles written in the Academy
- Hunter, William. Gazetteer of India (1885-87) in 14 vols. second edition
- Adam, John
- Anstruther, Alexander
- Anstruther, John
- Appleton, Charles Edward Cutts Birch
- Barwell, Richard
- Cotton, Joseph
- Cotton, Nathaniel
- Cotton, William (1786-1866)
- Stedman, Charles
- Stedman, John Andrew
- Stedman, John Gabriel
- Tom, John Nichols
- Wharton, Edward Ross
- Allen, Grant
- Burton, Isabel
- Burton, Richard Francis
- Cotton, Henry (1821-1892)
- Cunningham, Alexander (1814-1893)
- Edwards, Amelia Ann Blanford
- Hardinge, Charles Stewart
- Hodgson, Brian Houghton
- Hunter, William Wilson
- Morris, Richard (1833-1894)
- Arbuthnot, Forster FitzGerald
- Baylis, Thomas Henry
- Bernard, Charles Edward
- Grose, Thomas Hodge
- Mansfield, Robert Blachford
- Nettleship, John Trivett
- Pope, George Uglow
- Strachey, John
- Strong, Sandford Arthur
- Wilson, Charles Robert
- “Hastings, Warren” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Indore” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Omichund” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Orme, Robert” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1918, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.