Author:John Alexander Herbert
|←Author Index: He||John Alexander Herbert
|Deputy Keeper of Manuscripts in the British Museum.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. A. H-t."
This author wrote articles for the 1913 Catholic Encyclopedia, and the list on this page is complete.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement.
- Illuminated manuscripts (1911) 
- Catalogue of Romances in the Department of Manuscripts in the British Museum vol. 3 [and he assisted Harry Leigh Douglas Ward in the preparation of vol. 2 (1893)]
- Early English Text Society, The French Text of the Ancrene Riwle (1944)
Contributions to the Catholic Encyclopedia
- Nigel Wireker
- Odo of Cheriton
- Wake, Isaac
- Widdrington, Thomas
- Widdrington, William (1610-1651)
- Widdrington, William (1678-1743)
- Ward, Harry Leigh Douglas
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1948, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.